Responsibilities of Participating Academic Units
- Academic units interested in participating in CPIN must complete and submit the SGS Governance Form D to email@example.com
- Each participating unit will contribute financially, on an annual basis, in scale with the participation of students from respective units in addition to a fixed departmental fee to CPIN. The annual financial contribution will be used to cover essential administrative expenses and program activities.
- Each participating graduate unit shall retain its statutory control over admissions and home program requirements, and its statutory duty to provide adequate research supervision by a member of the graduate faculty in the unit. The home graduate unit shall recommend the granting of the degree.
- Students in the Collaborative Program normally shall be supervised by a member of the Collaborative Program faculty.
- Participating graduate units will include reference to the Collaborative Program in the SGS Calendar entry, on their department website, and in other related advertising of the home program.
- CPIN faculty members shall remain available to contribute to the Collaborative Program through serving on the Program’s committees and participating in the annual CPIN poster day (including judging posters), symposia/workshops and other activities/events organized by CPIN.
- It is agreed that the Collaborative Program shall be administered by a Program Committee consisting of one graduate faculty member from each participating Graduate Department (recommended by each Graduate Departmental Chair).